My Empty Bucket
If you live anywhere near Mid-Missouri, you know that this weekend was a complete monsoon. So, that means nothing exciting happened on the farm. Except for Chex is longer swelled up! With flooding and mud everywhere, I stayed inside pretty much the whole weekend, (except when Bethany and I went outside and got completely and absolutely soaked feeding everyone on Sunday).
Instead of doing exciting things outside, I tried catching up on homework. I ended up looking at Pinterest and catching up on all the blogs I haven’t read (I am the ultimate procrastinator!). Reading other blogs really gets me thinking about my life and where it’s going. So instead of finishing my homework, I decided that I needed a Bucket List! Doesn’t everybody? It may not be long but hey, I can always add new stuff! So here it is, after one day and couple of inches of rain:
- Washington DC- Its one of those places that I think each person should visit with their family and with Dad in the Army, it has an even bigger meaning
- Las Vegas- Another place I think every person should visit, but not with my family. 🙂
- Montana- I would love to see and even be a part of a ‘real’ ranch even if it is only for a visit
- Amarillo, Texas- Being in almost every country song, it has to be a pretty cool place
- Twenty Five Pinterest crafts- I am a new Pinterest member and I must say, my craft list is already overloaded!
- Finish my Desk- Three of us college girls are renting a house next year, and instead of buying a desk, I decided to build it. Currently, it’s only a stained wooden top though.
- Build a bookshelf- What can I say, I like working with my hands (and Markway’s never do anything easy!)
- Network- Last November, I went to AFA and made lots of friends my own age but didn’t make any industry contacts (which is VERY essential!)
- Get an internship- Goes hand in hand with networking
- Get a master’s degree… eventually- By eventually, this could mean in three years, five years, or ten years.
- Go to wine tasting- A class is offered at Missouri State University, just have to wait until 21!
- Learn to drive the boat faster- And by faster, I mean the fastest I have driven is just over an idle when we snag
- Go river rafting- Rocks, rapids and all.
- Go to a beach- And not have a plan for the day, just me, the water and what I want to do
- Learn to drive the truck and trailer- I want to be able to go to the arena when I want, for as long as I want
- Go skiing- Nothing like flying down a mountain to give you an adrenalin rush!
- Ride a mechanical bull- Again with the adrenalin (I’m an adrenalin junkie!)
- Learn to two-step- Technically, I know how to do it, I just suck at it.
- Journal- I keep saying it will happen, but one day I am going to make it happen
- Memorize my M number– Which is basically your Missouri State University social security number
- Connect with old friends- College has gotten in the way of my home life 🙂
- Show more gratitude- Doesn’t everybody need to?
My hope is to finish it by the end of my college career, but who knows! Any more suggestions?